in association with Enterprise Ireland and Local Enterprise Office, Tipperary
One exciting new addition for 2018 is our Innovation Showcase where we will demonstrate some of the best and brightest innovations that aim to increase efficiency and sustainability on our farms. The Energy in Agriculture team are encouraging innovations that are likely to be taken up by Irish farmers and the showcase is designed to support bringing innovative products to market.
Following the Showcase event, the team will present an ‘Energy in Agriculture Innovation Award’ for the best innovation that improves efficiencies on Irish farms or contributes to the de-carbonisation of agriculture.
All applicants will also be in with the chance of scooping one of two additional awards with significant prizes sponsored by the Local Enterprise Office, Tipperary and Enterprise Ireland.
Enterprise Ireland sponsored award for
‘Best Indigenous Innovation’.
Winner will be offered automatic inclusion and exhibition at the Innovation Arena, National Ploughing Championships 2018 plus mentoring support in advance of the event.
Entry product must be an Irish innovation and must not have been exhibited at the NPC previously
Local Enterprise Office, Tipperary Sponsored Award For ‘Best Innovation – Micro Enterprise Category’
Winner will be presented with a start-up support cash prize of €2,500 which may be used to develop or market your product.
Entry product must be from a micro start-up company based within the island of Ireland
Energy in Agriculture in association with Enterprise Ireland and the Local Enterprise Office, Tipperary are now seeking applications from those interested in showcasing their innovative technologies, products & services at Energy in Agriculture 2018.
- All interested applicants must complete the on-line application form at here
- Applications must be completed in full including description of the innovative product and also details of the company or organisation submitting
- Closing date for applications is Tuesday 31st of July 2018
The following terms of reference will apply:
- Product must be new to the market – within the last 3 years
- Product must be on the market or close to launch
- Product must make farming life more efficient or contribute to the de-carbonisation of agriculture
A panel of judges with expertise in sustainable energy, sustainable agriculture and Irish enterprise will be formed.
- Judges will review all applications and up to 10 entries will be chosen to showcase their product at the event.
- The successful applicants will be notified by Fri 17th August of their participation at the Showcase event
- The Innovation Showcase will take place at the main EXPO Arena at Energy in Agriculture 2018 at 3.30pm on Tuesday 21st August 2018. It will be facilitated by Darragh McCullough from RTE.
- Each supplier will be given 3-5 minutes to introduce/show/demonstrate their product from the main stage
- Innovators are requested to use props during showcase and to avoid Powerpoint presentation slides
- Winners of the 3 awards will be chosen based on the specific criteria relevant to each award and announced following the Showcase event. Terms & Conditions apply and are available here.
If you are interested in submitting an entry for the Innovation Showcase at Energy in Agriculture 2018 please complete the online application form.