Research Poster Competition 2018
Energy in Agriculture are once again running a Research Poster Competition where the shortlisted candidates will have the opportunity to showcase their poster at a specially created exhibition area during Energy in Agriculture 2018 at Gurteen College, Co Tipperary.
Possible topics could include:
- Energy production from Agri sources (raw or processed residues)
- Energy efficiency in Agriculture or Agri processing
- Carbon efficiency and carbon management in agriculture including other greenhouse gasses
- Novel and innovative use of land and / or agriculture to reduce climate, air or water pollution.
- Advanced generation bioenergy vectors
- Improving biomass production
- Bioactive compounds from biomass
- Metabolic engineering of fermentation processes
- Biobased polymers and materials
- Micro and macro algae technology
- Biocatalysis for bioresource transformation
- Nutrient and energy cycling
- Bioproducts from woody biomass
- Plant cell wall modification
- Case studies / Pilot plants
- Pre-treatment and transformation of lignocellulosics
- Environmental biotech
- Thermochemical transformations of biomass
- Valorisation of biomass waste streams
- Other related Research
- Post Graduate students and other researchers from 3rd level & public bodies
- Full time academic and public-sector researchers
- Part time applied research funded under local, national and international research programs
- Irish SME’s participating in applied research with a third level college.
- Other researchers subject to judge’s discretion
Required Information on all Posters:
- Title of Research
- Overview description of aims of research
- Research aims & methods
- Key outcomes and insights of research including how outcomes can be used to improve Irish agriculture.
- Where people can find out more. Please use QR codes and / or short links such that people can access easily.
- Three keywords for poster (ideally citing the agricultural area of relevance)
- Funding body, research body, relevant partners.
Prizes on Offer:
1st Prize = €500, 2nd Prize =€250, 3rd Prize = €100.
The 30 shortlisted posters will be exhibited in the central exhibition space in the catering area of ‘Energy in Agriculture’ show at Gurteen College on 21st August 2018. Last year saw 2500 attendees at this event.
Presentation to the winning entries will be made at the opening ceremony of Energy in Agriculture by Dr Gerry Boyle, Director of Teagasc.
A4 Posters will also be available for viewing on the EIA website www.energyinagriculture.ie
How to Enter:
All posters must be emailed in electronic format – A4 PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29th June 2018. Please mark as EiA poster competition in the subject field.
The judges will evaluate all entries and the successful shortlisted entrants will be notified by the 1st of August.
All shortlisted entries must then submit their Poster in hard copy – A1 portrait format by Tuesday 7th August 2018. Please send or drop in your poster to Tipperary Energy Agency, Erasmus Smith House, Church Street, Cahir, Co. Tipperary.
Terms & Conditions:
- A three judge panel with expertise in energy and agriculture will be formed.
- Judges will review each research poster under the following four equal headings:
- Relevance to Irish Agriculture and sustainable energy
- Impact to Ireland’s climate change mitigation targets
- Economic impact to Irish Agricultural and energy competitiveness.
- Judges will review posters electronically, so high resolution images are required.
- Judges decision is final.
- Any canvassing is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification.
The submission deadline is 29th June 2018
Download and share competition poster with your colleagues & associates here